An innovator brings in a sketched idea for a new X-ray Imaging Device.
Part of our unique strategy to device innovation utilizes our coach coordinators to provide an evaluation for all innovators wishing to work with the NCC-PDI. Below is an example of what a coach coordinator might suggest for this scenario:
|Domain Expertise||Questions / Topics|
|Business||Establish a business case –
|Regulatory||Regulatory Strategy –
|IP||Prior Art –
In this scenario, the inventor is at the very beginning of the product development process, namely Discovery/Ideation.
- Our engineering team will advise the inventor in flushing out his/her idea. Issues relating to complexity of developing potentially capital medical equipment and concerns for radiation exposure will be discussed
- With a mature concept defined, we can help evaluate the IP landscape and file for patent protection.
- Once, technical and clinical aspects are vetted, we will bring experts from our clinical, regulatory and IP partners to evaluate the development plan and strategy
- Meanwhile a business development team will help identify opportunities for industry sponsored research, licensing agreement, or strategic alliances.
- Exit strategy will be developed early and iterated often during all stages of development .